Travelling from Boston for Rhinoplasty from Dr. Tobias
While there are many well-qualified rhinoplasty surgeons in Boston, an increasing number of Bostonians are finding it worthwhile to travel to the tri-state area for their rhinoplasty surgeries. This is because Dr. Geoffrey Tobias, a nasal surgeon at the very pinnacle of his profession, works out of New York and Englewood, New Jersey. Deciding to have nasal surgery is a life-altering decision that can affect your personal relationships, your social life and even your career advancement. Choosing a gifted surgeon is, therefore of utmost importance.
Dr. Tobias is the only surgeon exclusively practicing rhinoplasty. He can, therefore, concentrate all of his efforts on attaining the best possible surgical results with this type of procedure. All of his educational and research credentials are in the field of rhinoplasty and he keeps abreast of all of the latest research in the field.
Plastic surgery is clearly an art as well as a science. Dr. Tobias, with credentials in both fields, is renowned for his ability to achieve the most natural, as well as the most beautiful, facial appearance. While some nasal surgeries are performed to repair medical problems, most patients who seek rhinoplasty are motivated by aesthetic concerns. A nose with a prominent bump or widely flared or tightly pinched nostrils can be a source of social discomfort or diminished self-esteem. Patients are eager to come to Dr. Tobias because his impeccable reputation assures them that they will be not only satisfied, but delighted, with the results of their procedure.
Why Patients Flock to Dr. Tobias even from Boston
Patients come to Dr. Tobias from Boston and all over the world. He is one of a handful of plastic surgeons who performs only nasal procedures, having perfected his unique rhinoplasty techniques over the past 25 years.
- Dr. Tobias is famous for his “unnose jobs.” From the outset of his career, Dr. Tobias has been an innovator, averse to the “cookie cutter” noses some of his colleagues turned out. He prides himself on the fact that others cannot recognize whether his patients have had a rhinoplasty procedure or not. As a matter of fact, he is famous for reinventing rhinoplasty as a highly individualized procedure. Careful to refine your nasal contours to mesh with your other facial features, he provides you with results that look like a greatly improved, more attractive version of your natural self.
- Dr. Tobias uses only closed rhinoplasty techniques, during which all incisions are made inside the nose, through the nostrils. Closed rhinoplasty results in very little discomfort, no visible scarring, minimal bruising and swelling, and a rapid recovery period. Also pleasing to patients, Dr. Tobias does not use nasal packing, a very uncomfortable practice.
- Dr. Tobias has focused exclusively on rhinoplasty for his entire career and has performed well over 7,000 nasal procedures.
- In addition to being awarded the nation’s Top Research Award by the American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery, Dr. Tobias was recently elected by his most esteemed colleagues as President of the Rhinoplasty Society, the discipline’s most prestigious honor.
- All of Dr. Tobias’ operations are performed in a full-service hospital, a hospital equipped with an internationally renowned department of anesthesiology to ensure that his patients are provided with the ultimate in safety and comfort.
- Dr. Tobias’ has been acclaimed in the media. He has been written up in The New York Times, The Daily News, Cosmopolitan magazine, Self magazine and many other periodicals, and has been featured on CBS-TV News and Fox 5 TV News.
- Dr. Tobias is not only an exceptional surgeon; he is a compassionate human being.
Dr. Tobias works out of two offices, one in Manhattan and one in Englewood, New Jersey. All of his surgeries, however, are performed in the surgical unit of The Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, a state-of-the-art facility, providing patients with the highest level of care.
Getting to Dr. Tobias
Though some people prefer to drive from Boston to Manhattan or Englewood, it is also a very short flight to LaGuardia, JFK or Newark. Trains and buses are also available.
What to Expect
If you are coming from out of the area, you should plan for an average stay of 8 days in New Jersey. You should also plan to have someone stay with you for at least a day or two after the surgery to make sure you are entirely over the effects of the anesthesia.
All rhinoplasties are performed on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. To be absolutely certain that you receive appropriate care immediately after the operation, Dr. Tobias requires that out-of-town patients stay over in the surgical unit the night following the surgery. After that, you can return to your hotel.
Postsurgically, you will have a cast over your nose to protect it until the following Monday when you will return to the New Jersey office to have it removed. Most patients are able to return home on the day following the cast removal.
Convenient Places to Stay in Englewood
We recommend two hotels nearby: The Clinton Inn in Tenafly and The Crowne Plaza in Englewood. Both are about a mile from the hospital. They are both comfortable and accommodating; The Clinton, however, has the advantage of being in walking distance of eateries and a movie theatre.
To get to our office in Manhattan, located at 815 Park Avenue (corner of 75th Street), you can drive and park on 75th Street between Lexington and Park Avenues or take public transportation. If you come to our New York office first, you can either drive or take the bus to Englewood.
However you come to Dr. Tobias for your rhinoplasty procedure — you will be glad you made the trip! Take a look at our website to see numerous testimonials from patients delighted with the results of their surgeries and before and after images that attest to Dr. Tobias’ extraordinary expertise. If you have questions or would like to request a consultation, please call us in New York at 347.830.7065 or in New Jersey at 201.429.3695.