When you seek a rhinoplasty surgeon, you are not just looking for a doctor with well-honed technical skills; you are looking for an artist who has the gifts necessary to make your nose more beautiful while keeping its natural appearance. Because Dr. Geoffrey Tobias is both a surgeon and an artist, and is renowned worldwide for being one of the only surgeons who specializes in rhinoplasty alone, patients travel from distances (great and small) to have him perform their rhinoplasty procedures.
Reasons for Rhinoplasty
People seek rhinoplasty for a number of reasons. While the surgery is sometimes performed to repair medical problems, most often patients who elect to have nose surgery are motivated by aesthetic concerns. If your nose has been a source of discomfort or embarrassment, changing its contours can make a tremendous difference in your self-confidence, a difference that can affect your social interactions, personal relationships, and even your career. When you make the decision to have life-altering surgery, the choice of a surgeon should be your primary consideration.
Why Patients Come to Dr. Tobias from Philadelphia
Not surprisingly, Dr. Tobias has a constant influx of patients. He is well worth the trip because:
- Tobias never turns out “cookie cutter” noses. In fact, he is famous for reinventing nasal surgery as a highly individualized procedure. His aim is to refine your nasal contours to synchronize with your other facial features and even with your body build. The results will be a greatly improved, more attractive version of your natural self. Dr. Tobias’ patients receive what one patient referred to as “un-nose jobs,” about whom people wonder, “Did she or didn’t she?”
- Tobias performs only closed rhinoplasty procedures, during which all incisions are made through the nostrils, inside the nose. The closed procedure has the advantages of resulting in very little discomfort, no visible scarring, minimal bruising and swelling, and a rapid recovery period. Dr. Tobias does not find it necessary to use nasal packing, a very uncomfortable practice.
- Dr Tobias has extraordinary credentials, having focused exclusively on rhinoplasty over 25 years and having performed over 7,000 nasal procedures. In addition to having degrees in studio arts and medicine, Dr. Tobias was awarded the nation’s Top Research Award by the American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery and was nationally recognized for refinement of innovative rhinoplasty techniques. Dr. Tobias was recently honored to be elected by the top experts in his field to the most prestigious position of his profession: President of the Rhinoplasty Society.
- Tobias operates only in a full-service hospital with an internationally renowned department of anesthesiology. His patients are always provided with the highest level of safety and comfort.
- Tobias has been frequently given media attention. He has been featured on CBS-TV News and Fox 5 TV News, and has been written up in The New York Times, The Daily News, Cosmopolitan magazine, Self magazine and many other periodicals.
- Tobias is not only an exceptional surgeon; he is a compassionate human being.
Where Is Dr. Tobias’ Practice?
Dr. Tobias works out of Englewood, New Jersey. All of his surgeries, however, are performed in the surgical unit of The Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, a state-of-the-art facility, providing patients with the finest of care.
Getting to Dr. Tobias
Though many people prefer to drive to New Jersey from Philadelphia, it is also possible to fly or to take the train or bus.
What are the Particulars of the Surgery?
If you are coming from out of the area, you should plan for an average stay of 8 days in New Jersey. You should also plan to have someone stay with you for at least a day or two after the surgery to make sure you are entirely over the effects of the anesthesia.
All rhinoplasties are performed on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. To be absolutely certain that you receive appropriate care immediately after the operation, Dr. Tobias requires that out-of-town patients stay over in the surgical unit the night following the surgery. After that, you can return to your hotel.
Postsurgically, you will have a cast over your nose to protect it until the following Monday when you will return to the New Jersey office to have it removed. Most patients are able to return home on the day following the cast removal.
Convenient Places to Stay in Englewood
We recommend two hotels nearby: The Clinton Inn in Tenafly and The Crowne Plaza in Englewood. Both are about a mile from the hospital. They are both comfortable and accommodating; The Clinton Inn, however, has the advantage of being in walking distance of eateries and a movie theatre.
How to Get to Dr. Tobias
There are several ways to make the short trip from Philadelphia to Englewood. Though many patients are comfortable driving, it is also possible to fly to LaGuardia, JFK or Newark, or to take the train or the bus.
To get to our office in Englewood, located at 140 Sylvan Ave (corner of Middlesex Ave), you can drive and park on our on-site spacious parking lot or use public transportation.
However you come to Dr. Tobias for your rhinoplasty procedure — you will be glad you made the trip! Take a look at our website to see numerous testimonials from patients delighted with the results of their surgeries and before and after images that attest to Dr. Tobias’ extraordinary expertise. If you have questions or would like to request a consultation, please call us in New Jersey at 201.429.3695.