When you are looking for a rhinoplasty surgeon, you are, of course, seeking the best one available. You don’t just desire competence and surgical skill, but finesse and artistry. After all, you are considering changing the central feature of your face — a life-altering transformation. You want to put yourself in the hands of a surgeon with the sensitivity to shape you into the most beautiful version of your natural self — Dr. Geoffrey Tobias.
Dr. Tobias is the only surgeon exclusively practicing rhinoplasty. He can, therefore, concentrate all of his efforts on attaining the best possible surgical results with this type of procedure. All of his educational and research credentials are in the field of rhinoplasty and he keeps abreast of all of the latest research in the field.
Dr. Tobias not only has the most impressive professional credentials you are likely to come across, his website provides before and after photos and personal testimonials more convincing than any general description could possibly be. World-renowned as one of innovators of the closed rhinoplasty procedure, Dr. Tobias is one of the rare surgeons who specializes exclusively in nasal surgery. Patients who make the trip from other parts of the country (or the world!) to his office in Englewood, New Jersey do so because they refuse to compromise.
Why Have Nasal Surgery?
Although some patients require rhinoplasty for medical repair due to congenital malformations or injuries, most people seek this surgery for cosmetic reasons. If you have been embarrassed by the size or shape of your nose for years, having it remodeled can make a tremendous difference in your quality of life. Patients who have undergone rhinoplasty with Dr. Tobias report increased self-confidence, diminished social anxiety, improved personal relationships, and even career advancements.
Why Dr. Tobias Is the Right Choice
Because he is regarded so highly, Dr. Tobias has a constant influx of patients from outside of the New York metropolitan area. Here are some of the reasons patients beat a path to his door:
- Tobias performs only the closed rhinoplasty procedures he perfected. The closed procedure, during which all incisions are made through the nostrils, provides several advantages over open surgery, including: minimal swelling, bruising, and discomfort, no visible scarring, and a rapid recovery. Also, Dr. Tobias does not use nasal packing, a practice patients are relieved to avoid.
- Tobias is famous for performing each rhinoplasty as a highly individualized procedure. His aim is to refine your nasal contours in keeping with your other facial features to maintain a natural, though greatly improved appearance. You will be happy to look in the mirror at a more attractive version of a person who is definitely still you. When you engage the services of Dr. Tobias, you are assured that your nose will be artistically sculpted, not molded to some cookie cutter configuration.
- Dr Tobias has outstanding credentials. After obtaining degrees in studio arts and medicine, he has focused exclusively on rhinoplasty over 25 years, performing over 7,000 nasal procedures. Dr. Tobias has been awarded the nation’s Top Research Award by the American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery and has been nationally recognized for refinement of innovative rhinoplasty techniques. Recently, Dr. Tobias was elected by the top experts in his field to the most prestigious position of his profession: President of the Rhinoplasty Society.
- Tobias only operates in a full-service hospital with an internationally renowned department of anesthesiology to ensure that his patients are provided with the ultimate in safety and comfort.
- Tobias has been given widespread coverage by the media. He has appeared on CBS-TV News and Fox 5 TV News, and has been written up in The New York Times, The Daily News, Cosmopolitan magazine, Self magazine and many other periodicals.
- In addition to being a consummate rhinoplasty surgeon, Dr. Tobias is a caring person, giving each patient his undivided attention.
Where Does Dr. Tobias’ Practice?
Dr. Tobias works out of Englewood, New Jersey. All of his surgeries, however, are performed in the surgical unit of The Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, a state-of-the-art facility, providing patients with the finest of care.
Getting to Dr. Tobias
While for some patients, it is a pleasant drive from Washington, D.C. to New Jersey, it is also a quick flight. Some people may prefer to take the train or bus.
What plans should you make if you’re coming from out-of-town?
If you are coming from out of the area, you should plan for an average stay of 8 days in New Jersey. You should also plan to have someone stay with you for at least a day or two after the surgery to make sure you are entirely over the effects of the anesthesia.
All rhinoplasties are performed on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. To be absolutely certain that you receive appropriate care immediately after the operation, Dr. Tobias requires that out-of-town patients stay over in the surgical unit the night following the surgery. After that, you can return to your hotel.
Postsurgically, you will have a cast over your nose to protect it until the following Monday when you will return to the New Jersey office to have it removed. Most patients are able to return home on the day following the cast removal.
Convenient Places to Stay in Englewood
We recommend two hotels nearby: The Clinton Inn in Tenafly and The Crowne Plaza in Englewood. Both are about a mile from the hospital. They are both comfortable and accommodating; The Clinton Inn, however, has the advantage of being in walking distance of eateries and a movie theatre.
How to Get to Dr. Tobias
There are several ways to make the trip from Washington to Englewood. Though many patients are comfortable driving, it is convenient to fly to LaGuardia, JFK or Newark, or to take the train or the bus.
To get to our office in Englewood, located at 140 Sylvan Ave (corner of Middlesex Ave), you can drive and park on our on-site spacious parking lot or use public transportation.
However you come to Dr. Tobias for your rhinoplasty procedure — you will be glad you made the trip! Take a look at our website to see numerous testimonials from patients delighted with the results of their surgeries and before and after images that attest to Dr. Tobias’ extraordinary expertise. If you have questions or would like to request a consultation, please call us in New Jersey at 201.567.6770.